Like all good comedy anxiety books, Walking on Custard & the Meaning of Life is available in paperback and Kindle editions.
Or choose your region:
Or, if you’re confused… find out about the book first:
Wait, what’s this book about?!
Disclosure: I am a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme and the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which are affiliate advertising programmes designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to the Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.fr, Amazon.de, Amazon.es and Amazon.it websites.
What Others Have Said:
Hughes offers a humor-filled and useful guide for anxiety… disarmingly relatable.Publishers Weekly
Neil has a pleasing use of commas.Anonymous
This idea that could have easily gone so badly, has turned out wonderfully. It is a thrilling mixture of stories, experiences, lessons, and well, custard.Books & Bee
To merely call it a self-help book would be a complete disservice to the author. Part biography, part guide, and part Brother’s Grimm Fairy Tales of the Strange… if only I had read this growing up then I might not have felt so alone.Claire Eastham
Great book, would recommend to anyone… which brings me onto my only criticism: The title. This book is definitely not only for anxious humans.
I wouldn’t consider myself a sufferer of anxiety, and have enjoyed it immensely and found it really helpful.
I snorted on the train. In the middle of rush hour. People looked at me. I was reading your book. You’re an idiot.Amy Burke
Hughes’ down to earth, sometimes silly, humour and self-deprecation make him an ideal guide…It’s clearly a book that has a lot to offer anxious humans everywhere. It’s inspiring without being over-ambitious; challenging without being preachy; insightful without making you cringe (too much!); and funny without being dismissive…
It achieves what many self-help books lack: warmth, humour, and relatability, but without compromising on wisdom, insight, and practical, useful advice.
I really, really enjoyed it. I recognised myself a lot and beyond finding it a charming and funny read, I also found it a helpful one.
It is a brave book and a noble one because, really, what better thing can a person do with their own suffering than to use it to try and help others.
It’s on my read-this-again shelf.
- Neil’s e-Store – use discount code ‘E76E2D55’ for $1.00 off the price!
- Amazon USA – this is an affiliate link
- Book Depository
- Should be available in your local Bookstore
- Buy Kindle version at Amazon USA – this is an affiliate link
- Amazon UK – this is an affiliate link
- Book Depository
- Should be available in your High Street bookstore
- Buy Kindle version at Amazon UK – this is an affiliate link
- Book Depository – Worldwide
- Try asking in your local bookstore!
- Amazon.com (Paperback) – this is an affiliate link
- Amazon.co.uk (Paperback) – this is an affiliate link
- Amazon.fr (Paperback) – this is an affiliate link
- Amazon.de (Paperback) – this is an affiliate link
- Amazon.it (Paperback) – this is an affiliate link
- Amazon.es (Paperback) – this is an affiliate link
- Amazon.com (Kindle) – this is an affiliate link
- Amazon.co.uk (Kindle) – this is an affiliate link
- Amazon.fr (Kindle) – this is an affiliate link
- Amazon.de (Kindle) – this is an affiliate link
- Amazon.it (Kindle) – this is an affiliate link
- Amazon.es (Kindle) – this is an affiliate link
Rest of World
I’m so sorry your flag probably isn’t here yet! I have limited time to work on the site so haven’t added all the various flags. But let me know, and I’ll add it!
- Your Nearest Amazon Store – this is an affiliate link
- Book Depository has excellent international shipping
- Buy Kindle version at the nearest Amazon store to you – this is an affiliate link
Sign up to the mailing list to be informed when more formats or stores are available.
Or just for random news from Neil, if you prefer.